Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Music and Movies

We signed up for Netflix last week and got our first Netflix movie in the mail: The Lovely Bones. I am not yet sure how I feel about the movie. It's very long, very well filmed and has an interesting concept but they pretty much tell you what happens at the beginning of the movie. It's even in the preview so that takes something away from it, in my opinion but it was a good movie to watch. I wouldn't want to own it. I probably will never watch it again. Kind of like Avatar. But it's worth renting and watching.

Toy Story 2 was down right cute! The Bugs loved it and I'm glad I bought it. I am excited for Toy Story 3 to come out and may be we could go see it at the drive-in if they have it. Or the Gem, I know they will have it. It's a good sequel for once. Most Disney sequels never hold up to the original but Toy Story 2 was impressive.


The Road came out on DVD today. I was kind of upset to find that Walmart did not have it on Blu-ray. But I bought the regular copy of it. I didn't feel like searching through stores to which ones had it. I have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off this week, I also don't work until 5pm on Sunday, then I have Monday off so I am hoping to be able to watch it then. The book was good. There were no chapters, no major places where you could stop in the book and the ending left me baffled and seriously wanting more information. I am hoping maybe the movie will give me a little more information. Don't get me wrong, the book was great. The absence of chapters forced me to read it pretty much all at one time but that's probably the major reason I was left wanting more. It's not a long book by any means and definitely worth the read if nothing else but to enlighten you on what could be the future. It's well written. And hopefully this movie-- chalk full of stars like Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, and Robert Duvall will live up to the book. We will see.

I did get myself also a Zune download card to download some songs for me and the girls. Right now we're into Michael Buble-- I Just Haven't Met You Yet, Huey Lewis and the News--- It's all right, Maxi Priest featuring Shaggy--- That Girl and quite a few others. They love those songs and dance around with me for exercise. So to surprised them, we won't have to wait for them to come on XM radio anymore. I'll have it for them on my Zune. Music = happiness in this household. I have always been that way I suppose and I do miss the awesome songs and bands from the 90's. I am happy to see some of the crank out more tunes again like Tonic, their release me song is just awesome. So nice to have some of them back. Even Linkin Park put out a new one that I like very much and would sit in my car in the driveway just to listen to whatever is left.


Aside from that we have visits!! My mom *possibly* this week depending on how she is feeling. She hasn't been feeling well lately and that always worries me. I was hoping she would bring my niece with her but she's been back and forth to Duke Medical hospital. She's going to be 9 and if they can't get her epilepsy to stop soon(she's had it since 6 months of age) then they'll know that she won't ever grow out of it. That deeply saddens me for her. It's her entire future. She may not be able to drive, have children and I wish I was closer so I could be there for her. Duke is even almost 2 hours from them. Longer from me but they have a great children hospital there. It just breaks my heart. She's such a sweetie and she's dealt with this and hasn't had a normal childhood because of the worry of seizures. I am praying that she'll grow out of it. I still have hope. I know she can't make it this week but at least I'll get to see her next month and maybe we'll get to go to her birthday party in July.

Another visit we have the first week of June is Ant CiCi!!! And she's definitely coming, the bugs have been asking about her lately since they have not seen her since December. They've talked to her on the phone and soon it will be time to tell them that their Ant CiCi is coming over for a slumber party. I am excited too! I have missed her. We talk on the phone a lot at night. She even waits for me to get off work which isn't until 1:30 am and sometimes we end up talking until the wee hours of the morning, and then we text each other the next day about how cranky we are. We're a funny pair. But we've been friends since 4th grade, so it's expected. Her birthday is at the end of this month so I am looking forward to spending yet another year together even if it is on the phone with sporadic visits.


Thursday is the Bugs graduation and boy do I have some cute pictures for Wordless Wednesday! Check them out tomorrow!

1 comment:

Daddy Forever said...

We use to rent from Netflix, but we had to cancel the service for money reason. Did you know the HMO charges us $35 a week to have a nurse weigh him. That's almost $2000 a year just to weigh him. That doesn't even include the fees to have the doctor tell us he's not gaining enough weight. INSANE.

 

© 2010 The Dysfunction of Motherhood. Powered by Blogger
Design by Sassy Girls Design