Friday, April 27, 2007

Who needs a nap?

I need a nap! Nap. Nap. Nap!!

Between staying up later to take surveys to make extra money, trying to get the part time job started again, and taking care of the kids... my energy seems to have found the nearest second story window and taken a flying leap for the ground! On top of that, unlike my husband, it takes me a good 30 minutes to fall asleep. I don't stop all day so when I do stop my body seems to say... "Hey, lets enjoy this for a little bit." So I watch whatever is on the food network, and fall asleep to that.

My job right now also requires a lot of driving.. when I say a lot, I mean, yesterday I drove 180 miles total. But it's okay because I love driving. It's the getting home and trying to sleep bit that has me overworked. Not the driving, not the job. Falling asleep... During the day I'm so tired that I even forget to eat. Seriously... you have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat. (yup, that's me!) But then night time hits and I've got a burst of energy, I could work all night and be fine... then sun up and I could sleep. I've always been backwards. My mom said I was up all night as a baby, and asleep all day. Then in elementary school, I made my mother think I went to bed, then when her and my dad were in bed, I'd go downstairs (all 4 of them... we had a split level) and watch TV on our wood console TV.... you know the kind that sat on the floor, had a record player in one side and a tape player in the other. Gotta love the 80's.


Is there a way to reverse something you've done for 25 years? The only time I've EVER slept at night (and boy was it good sleep!) was during my second pregnancy from the 3rd month to the 7th month! I don't want to be pregnant to get sleep. I just want a good nights sleep maybe 4 nights out of 7.


PS:

Finally got the Bug and Bee blog updated!

http://bugandbee.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Holly Schwendiman said...

I'll have to check out the kiddos blog. How fun. I know what you mean about sleep. It's gotten better for me over recent years but it's still harder for me to fall asleep most of the time than my husband. The day I feel most deprived is Sunday afternoon - that was ALWAYS nap time for me but my kids never want to nap...*sigh*

Hugs,
Holly

Unknown said...

You poor thing! Lack of sleep is an awful thing. I can totally relate to you, e.g., going and going all day and then your body won't slow down. I usually end up reading until 1:00 a.m. I can say, however, I have NEVER forgotten to eat...although my waist would benefit if I did :)

Ken said...

I have trouble sleeping at night too. If I go to sleep too early, I just toss and turn and stare and think. But my wife falls asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.

 

© 2010 The Dysfunction of Motherhood. Powered by Blogger
Design by Sassy Girls Design