Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Congratulations to everyone for making it through 2009! It was definitely an interesting year that's for sure. This isn't going to be a long post. I just wanted to share a quote from a book I'm reading. The book is called The Magicians, by Lev Grossman. I've read another book by him before. This book started off slow but there's a lot of knowledge and life lessons in this book. One particular quote stuck out while I was reading today. Here it is--- Take what you will from it.

"If there's a single lesson that life teaches us, its that wishing doesn't make it so. Words and thoughts don't change anything. Language and reality are kept strictly apart--- Reality is tough, unyielding stuff and it doesn't care what you think, or feel or say about it. Or it shouldn't. You deal with it and you get on with your life."

Yup.... Love it! (Why is it that whenever I say or hear "love it," the voice from that one character in Dragon Tales echos through my brain?! The girls haven't even watched Dragon Tales for at least a month or two. Grr.)

No comments:

 

© 2010 The Dysfunction of Motherhood. Powered by Blogger
Design by Sassy Girls Design